SoftBank preps filing of $500M to $600M SPAC
The firm is also said to be preparing at least two additional SPACs, which it plans to use to acquire a company and take it public.
- RealPage to be acquired for $10.2B: RealPage, a provider of cloud-based software for managing multifamily real estate, plans to be acquired by private equity firm Thoma Bravo in an all-cash deal that values the publicly traded company at around $10.2 billion.
- Lockheed to buy Aerojet Rocketdyne for $4.4B: Defense contractor Lockheed Martin will acquire Aerojet Rocketdyne, a rocket engine and missile manufacturer, in a deal valued at $4.4 billion including debt and net cash.
- Hopin buys Topi: Virtual events platform Hopin announced Monday that it is acquiring Topi, a mobile event app. Topi co-founder and CEO David Aubespin will join Hopin as its VP of product and co-founder Eric Sellin will be Hopin’s principal engineer for mobile solution development. The acquisition price was not disclosed.
- Trigo secures $60M for checkout technology: Israel-based Trigo, which is developing a frictionless checkout technology, raised a $60 million Series B funding round led by 83North.
- Peptilogics raises $35.4M for drug development: Peptilogics, a Pittsburgh-based clinical-stage biotechnology company that designs and develops novel peptide therapeutics, closed a $35.4 million Series B financing led by Presight Capital, along with participation from a new investor syndicate including Founders Fund and existing investor Peter Thiel.
- Credit-building fintech Perch banks $2.5M: Perch, a Los Angeles-based no-cost platform that helps people build credit through nontraditional payments, announced a seed investment round of $2.5 million by a group of investors including Marcy Venture Partners.